Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #1

Is it something I am doing?

Just had a roll of Fuji ASA 200 developed. With the exception of 4 pictures all of the others have a green tint to them. So I keep mulling it over in my head and thinking it's something I am doing. Am I right? If so what is it I am doing wrong? I have a couple of different camera's I am using and unfortunatly I am not sure which camera I was using for this particular roll of film. ( I know my bad, I should be taking notes so I know but I am lazy.) Any idea's folks? I have had a couple of rolls do this, I have thought it was a problem at the processing place with using old chemical or old paper or something. I just don't know.

09-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Fuji ASA 200 film? I'm assuming you are using either Fuji Sensia 200 E6 or Superia 200 C41 film. Colour casts on film can be caused by several things reciprocity failure - which happens with long exposures. Expired film can develop issues with colour accuracy if it is stored in less than optimal conditions and bad chemistry - which is much more likely in the case for sensia 200 E6 (transparency film) because they aren't as commonly used these days.
09-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Print or slide film?
09-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
did you happen to photograph under fluorescent lighting?

09-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #5

Original Poster
The film is prints. No I didn't photograph under floresents. It was both indoors and outdoors. It has happend before but not to this extent. I wish I could post a picture but as I do all my computer stuff on a laptop I haven't managed to get a scanner for it.
I do mistreat my film the same. I carry it with me alot. For the last 2 months it has been almost a hundred degrees. That may have had an effect. The last time this happend I was thinking it was the camera. Now I just don't know. In the back of my little mind I am thinking it's the film. ( I am thinking this happend with 2 different camera's.) Thanks for your input.
09-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Compare the film back to one that printed normally. If the edges of the frames (not the picture area) look more or less the same, then odds are it's a printer fault. OTOH, if the edges are badly miscoloured, then you may have managed to heat damage your film.
One of the oddest things I ever saw when I was running a lab was a film that was partially heat damaged. The guy got a few good pictures, then a few bad ones, then a few good ones, etc.
Turned out he had been on some sort of motor coach tour on a very hot day, and when he was in the bus (in full sun) the camera was being held between his legs with the back facing up. The film sitting across the back was getting heat damaged, while the film that was still in the can or on the take up was not being affected. Every time he got out to take some pictures, he was pulling the damaged film out of the gate, shooting a few shots on good film, and then getting back on the bus and damaging another few frames.