Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-18-2011, 03:51 AM   #16

Original Poster
Many, many thanks to all of you.
I did return the camera to the retailer and they exchanged it for a new one wthout hesitation.

I have tested it and it performed flawlessly, so I do feel a little satisfied that I was not entirely exaggerating.

Again many thanks to you all.

09-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo112 Quote
Many, many thanks to all of you.
I did return the camera to the retailer and they exchanged it for a new one wthout hesitation.

I have tested it and it performed flawlessly, so I do feel a little satisfied that I was not entirely exaggerating.

Again many thanks to you all.
FF under Tungsten light is the issue with some k-r's. Being in Sydney you are highly unlikely to come across Tungsten lighting with general use. If you do then LiveView is ok and some get better results setting white balaqnce to Tungsten. Your initial unit obviously had a bigger issue.
09-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think a lot of CF bulbs have tungsten color. I tested my camera by taking pictures of books on my daughter's bookshelf. Under AWB the focus was off. Under tungsten WB the focus was dead on.
09-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I think a lot of CF bulbs have tungsten color.
I think there is a "warm" CF but for the last 10 years or more of CF use in Australia I can't recall using one. When CF's started to come in it took ages to get used to the cooler colour but now it's just "normal".
The US might have a preference for those warmer CF's given Tungsten is sill in widespread use - I have no idea what you have available.

Last edited by Bill_R; 09-19-2011 at 01:26 AM.