Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
So I guess my next question is how often do you shoot with f-stop or shutter speed blinking?
I don't think my K20D lets me shoot when it's blinking. Or maybe that's just the focus confirmation in AF-S. Anyway, when it blinks and jams, I just tweak something and proceed.

09-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The blinking is telling you that you've gone past the range of the meter's operating range. That range is fairly large, but try to use f38 or 1/4000 at ISO 100 at night and the meter will complain. The parameter that blinks is the one the camera controls, so different things blink in different modes. In general, the designers use blinking to tell you that something may be happening that will ruin your photo, so it's important to figure out any blinking display.
09-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
Yeah and that is my problem. sometimes you just dont have the time to switching between modes and finding the right exposure.
The moment will already be gone. I am trying to reduce that it takes to get the setting right to shooting.
For me, that's "M" mode, always. I can't be bothered to make the efort wrap my brain around five different ways of shooting.
09-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks guys for all the replies

09-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
For me, that's "M" mode, always. I can't be bothered to make the efort wrap my brain around five different ways of shooting.
This has been an interesting discussion. Just to make sure I am reading you correctly, you always shoot in "M"?
09-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Virtually always, yes*. By not constantly changing modes, I have learned to "think" in M mode very well, so I don't have to "remember" how to do things. Any more than I have to remember how to work the manual transmission on my car.

*I've probably taken about 50,000 shots in the last few years, maybe about 20 of them were in anything but M mode.