Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #1

Stop-down metering not working with extension tube on K-5 (works on K10d)

Hi,

I bought a second hand PK extension tube set. On my K10d it works like expected. It has a diaphragm lever so I put the camera in M mode, set the aperture using the aperture ring (I have some AF lenses) and do a stop-down metering.

This doesn't work on the K-5. The camera doesn't try to close the aperture, neither when doing a stop-down metering nor when doing a DoF preview. The K-5 does detect there's something in front of it because it asks for the focal length. The 'allow aperture ring' settings is on allowed.

Any idea what could cause this problem?

09-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No contact, so maybe the body doesn't want to move the lever ?
09-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
A piece of aluminum foil between the body and the extension tube fixed it. I'll remove the anodized layer from the the tube later on.

I still find it strange that the k10d doesn't have the same problem.
09-13-2011, 04:37 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Beau Quote
A piece of aluminum foil between the body and the extension tube fixed it. I'll remove the anodized layer from the the tube later on.

I still find it strange that the k10d doesn't have the same problem.
Do the tubes have a black finish?

Have not tried my K5 but on the k7 you need to scratch some finish off and let pin 7 short to the lens mount. Pin 7 is furthest away from the lens locking pin

This issue was raised when the K7 first came out.

Not sure why they changed the program to not allow an open circuit pin 7 for manual lenses.

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 09-13-2011 at 05:12 AM.