Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Hi Tom
Thanks i got that link...
and yes it seems you are so lucky... just 5 :O
as you mentioned do we need additional adapter to fit that lens to K-X?

Spelt 'Carl Zeiss Jena' , only one N in Jena
actually if you look into "Miscellaneous Prime Lenses category" its written "Carl Zeiss Jenna 135mm, f3.5 Sonnar MC" so i wrote the same :P

02-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by siddharth Quote
actually if you look into "Miscellaneous Prime Lenses category" its written "Carl Zeiss Jenna 135mm, f3.5 Sonnar MC" so i wrote the same :P

Ah, fair enough :P

as you mentioned do we need additional adapter to fit that lens to K-X?
Indeed. If the lens is a K-mount (any variation of them: fully manual, auto aperture, F series, or newer) they will mount just fine with no adapter needed.
For M42 / screwmount lenses, yup you will need an adapter. There are two types, one which will sit inside the camera mount and lock with a spring/clip to part of the bayonet inside the camera - this means it won't extend past the front of the camera and allow focus to infinity. The other type is thicker, and will lock into place just like any k-mount lens, but due to the thickness it won't allow infinity focus.

Check: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html on how to set up camera settings for manual.

I think genuine adapter can be purchased from their website but it's expensive. Then there are hundreds of cheapo, mostly chinese, knock-offs on ebay etc, which are a lot cheaper but also can be a bit iffy in terms of QC. Forum search would probably help more good luck.
02-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #18

hey Tom, its very helpful to me.. thanks a lot for sharing
03-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Hi, I am using Pentax k-X
anyone please help, where can get "Carl Zeiss Jenna 135mm, f3.5 Sonnar MC"
i am eagerly searching for it....

Thanks in advance
Sorry, I am a bit late in responding here, but the best place on earth to pick up Carl Zeiss Jena lenses is ebay.de - it seems they are a dime a dozen in Germany, especially. The Sonnars can will generally run you more than the Biometars, Tessars and Flektogons, but be patient and you will eventually find a deal.

03-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #20

yeah... thats great again... ur right, patience is more important to get good thing...