Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Tamron Adaptall mount repair

I picked up a Tamron adaptall lens along with a PK adapter. The adapter is fine and works with other lenses, but this particular lens didn't lock in position when mounted. Looking further, the release lever, which is metal color not black is broken off, and the lever assembly sticks in the unlocked position. If I push from the inside with a small screwdriver it moves, but is sticky enough that it doesn't catch when a lens is mounted.

Has anyone had the adaptall mount apart? It looks like the plate is held on with three small screws. Is it simply a matter of removing that, scrounging the lever assembly from another mount and reassembling? Are there going to be tiny pieces flying across the room?

The depth of experience here is stunning, and I thought I would ask before wading in.

09-22-2011, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
I don't suppose you could provide a picture of what is left of the lever or the area in question? The lever is a stout piece of metal... was it torn off? Also, if the outer nub of the lever is gone, it should still be in the lock mode and not unlock unless the spring is missing.

Last edited by MysteryOnion; 09-22-2011 at 06:39 PM.
09-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the pictures. It doesn't look complicated at all.

It is sheared off flush with the outer ring. Yes it must have been quite dramatic. There is no other apparent damage.

It sticks in the unlocked position. It isn't a clean break, slightly twisted, so it binds.
09-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #4
Giveaway winner!

Yikes!

Oh, not pictured since glued to the bottom of the tension ring are three spacers! I forgot they were there!

09-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Unscrewed the three small screws. The whole assembly came off in one piece. Replaced with a working assembly, everything is fine.

It is a simple mechanism, and your images made that very clear. Thank you so much.
09-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
Giveaway winner!

Nice job! Always glad to help.