Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #1

Expsosure Problem

Hello all! I need help. All of a sudden, my exposure on my new Kx recorded a very high exposure and continues to do so. From one day to the next, the Kx was fine but then went from exposure not being a problem to off nearly a 2 degree difference. Any ideas? I can provide more info if needed. It's prime Vermont "peeper" season right now and need to get this fixed asap. Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions and/or ideas!

09-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What settings are you using?
09-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
I have tried it on a few settings, auto, landscape, then Tv...help!!
-AHJ
09-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The first thing to check is exposure compensation. If that's off then all your shots will be.

09-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reset the camera settings and you'll be able to see whether or not is a settings issue.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #6

Original Poster
The exposure issue

Well, for some reason, my KX is doing okay now. Regarding the exposure setting, I was having to take it down to -2 just to have a "normal" looking picture. It seems to not be having the problem.

Adam, can you tell me how to reset the settings? That is what I was originally worried about--a setting being saved that I was unaware of. Thanks for the input!
10-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Several of the menus have resets to default back to factory settings. Once you do it you'll have to reset your preferences but if the issue is some wonky combo of settings (I've had it happen) that will clear it up. Mostly in the Record and Custom menus is where you'll find them.

10-04-2011, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hey AJ, Just to add to what JeffJS wrote, check out pages 280-81 and I think you'll find your answers. Happy leaf peeping! Jim