Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
K-m Eyepiece Condensation

Hi

There is condensation on the inside of the eye piece on my K-m, I would like to no how to remove the eye piece to clean it. There are 2 screws located either side, Do these allow the the eye piece to be removed.

Have tried a hairdryer on the outside to clear but this had no effect at all.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Tony

10-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #2

Those two screws are just two of the several different screws that hold the top on. Unfortunately even with the top lifted the eyepiece unit itself is still attached, the eyepiece screws aren't visible unless you take the back off as well. Unless you are practiced there is probably a very high risk of breaking something.

I would suggest putting the camera in a plastic bag with some bags of silica gel for a few days or even longer, the internal water should evaporate better when the ambient humidity is forced to be very low like that.

If that doesn't work it will need to be opened up, but one step at a time.
10-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #3

Here is what I'd recommend, it's called a iRecovery Cell Phone Drying Kit (I found this after my wife washed my iPhone), but I continued to use it for lenses and my hearing aid. Works great, it's a aluminum type bag with zipper seal and contains silica gel. Words perfect for storing the smaller products into to dry out or keep dry: