LD macro1:2
will fit my pentax km thanks..

10-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boby231 Quote
hi can any one tell me if this lense- AF70-300 F/4-5.6 Di
LD macro1:2
will fit my pentax km thanks..
Yes, if it's in Pentax K mount (I can't see if you have posted a picture of the lens or not as the images are blocked in my office)

Last edited by ducdao; 10-03-2011 at 01:06 PM.
10-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As long as it is a Pentax mount lens (not a Ricoh mount) and has the A setting on the aperture ring to allow full functioning of the camera you should be OK. The Ricoh mount has a pin on the mount that will lock-up on the Pentax camera if the lens is mounted. I own a K-m as well and enjoy using it. I think you are talking about the D-slr, not the older film based model from the early 1970's.
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #4

Original Poster
hi thanks, but not sure what you mean by k mount how will i tell?

10-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #5

Original Poster
hi thanks, i am finding that info out now great help.
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Anyone selling a lens will normally say if it's for Pentax, Canon, Nikon, Sony, or some other system. If it's made by one of those manufacturers, then it's for their cameras only. But if it's made by a company like Tamron that makes lenses for lots of different cameras, then they'll say which is why right on the box and in the product description.
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Pentaxian

If you're looking at an ebay auction, be careful. There are a lot of sellers out there who pick up camera equipment at garage or estate sales, flea markets and second-hand shops, but know little about what they're selling.

eBay has canned descriptions of many cameras and lenses. These are the ones that show a complete, full page description that looks the same in many, many listings. The problem with these descriptions, at least in the case of third-party lens makers like Tamron or Sigma, is that the description will say, for example, that the lens is available for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus and Sony.

The seller will often assume that this means that the lens will fit any of those cameras. All of us here know, of course, that this simply means that the lens is available in those mounts, not that a single lens will fit all those cameras.

I've encountered sellers who were insistent that the lens they were selling would fit Canon, Nikon or Pentax. I just walk away from those.
10-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

hi thanks, but not sure what you mean by k mount how will i tell?
Hopefully you've found web pages of pictures of lens bases, like:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/87608-photos-lens-mounts.html and SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

I'll also recommend my used-lens-evaluation article:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/59245-pawnshop-lense...ers-guide.html

K-mount = PK mount = Pentax bayonet mount. With variations: PKM or KM (manual aperture); PKA or KA (electric aperture); KR or PKR (Ricoh version of KA); various KAF (autofocus). The first link above shows most of those.

Yes, all too many eBay sellers don't know a lens from a loo. They'll say anything, or nothing. I've done quite well at grabbing lenses that sellers didn't recognize. I've also grabbed a bunch of dogs. Those, I wait a month or two, clean them up a little, describe them carefully, and usually resell them at a profit. That's how I pay for my keepers.

But it helps greatly to know what usable mounts look like. All PK mounts -- the (MF) manual-focus M- and A-types, the (AF) auto-focus F- and FA- and DA-types -- have a characteristic bayonet and aperture-link flag arrangement. The contacts on Pentax AF lenses look like no other brand. Other mounts may look similar, especially Nikon, except than MF Nikons have a thin metal tag on the aperture ring.

Many 3rd-party PK lenses have inscribed on them PK or KA or KR or something like that. And many others don't. A-type lenses will have an A on the aperture ring; KR lenses will have a P or A(P), but might also have the infamous Ricoh pin. Are you confused yet? Good. So am I. And I haven't even mentioned T-mounts and Adaptall yet...

10-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I actually have a Tamron lens with
AF70-300 F/4-5.6 Di LD macro1:2
that you mentioned. I use it on my K-m. So just find out if it is for pentax and you are good to go.