Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I like to walk up behind them and pull their shirts up....
I lost some of my teeth for doing that .

10-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
StDevious Sir, wonderful experimentation on exposure. I am a SPOT metering guy and beg you to repeat the experiment with SPOT metering. Do point the spot on the mid-center of the lampshade though in the second example.
Here is my 2-cents. A village chief cum philosopher would have picked the first photo as it tells a simple story. A lamp used to project light on a table being used to jot down notes on a pad. And in the process enjoying a hot cup of coffee - plain and simple.
Here is some thoughts on a higher technical plane - did you get the writing pad paper as close to the original color, or the mug or the color of the wall, or the center of the lamp shade fabric. Can you see detail on 70% of the lamp shade or the lamp post or on the mug.
On a still higher technical plane can you observe noise in the darker areas.
You have done exceptionally well with a difficult subject of extreme dark and bright area photography with the "lowly" kit lens. Congratulations.