Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Regarding the OP, one thing to be wary of is that there are various different ND 'scales'. So for example you may see the infamous ND110 also referred to as ND 3.0, and even ND1024 or, as here, ND10. Kind of nuts if you ask me.
The chart half way down this page will explain all and help making choosing the right strength filter easier :

Neutral density filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FYI- Variable ND filters are crossing polarizers. Nice idea, but in someway it is also still being a polarizer!

As for a standard way of expressing the density of ND filters, there is one, DENISTY! Every 0.30 increase of density equals one stop. That seems too much for some people to handle, so "marketing" folks develop some of their own. I own a transmission densitometer, so I just measure them and label them the true densities! Certainly not everyone has this option though!

Regards,