Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mgvh Quote
I'm a bit confused here, and the descriptions don't help. I had earlier noted the Bower:

On the B&H site, however, it says of this flash:[INDENT]The Bower SFD926P Digital Shoe Mount Flash is an economical flash with complete TTL exposure support for digital SLR cameras. This version is dedicated to the Pentax/Samsung P-TTL metering system.
This is exactly what I was referring to. In this case, they are using TTL in a generic sense, in that the light from the flash IS measured through the lens. However, it does not use the older sensor-in-the-mirror-box system. It uses the newer P-TTL pre-flash system.

I'm sure if you looked at the same flash for Canon or Nikon, it would refer to I-TTL or E-TTL, which are Canon/Nikon's (can't remember which is which) terms for their pre-flash systems.

10-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks everyone comments...i decide to buy metz model 44 that one...
10-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Steps back...

*I really just thought it worth mentioning... Glad it's working out for you*
10-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #19

Thanks guys this is a great help