Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Anyone tried replacing flash unit on K-7 ?

My K-7 toppled over when on a tripod - it was only onto my lounge carpet from about 2 feet, but the gentle fall and padded landing on the thick carpet was just enough to pop out one of the 2 chrome side arms that push up the flash.
The chrome arm lost the retaining rivet on one end, the other end is actually a screw so its a shame that bit wasnt the piece that popped off, but now the arm just flops about. The flash still works fine, but i have to press the flash release button, then manually lift the unit into place. It will push back down and click back into place when finished with,

I figure this probably isnt a part that can easily be replaced by the user,... thats even if one could get hold of the K-7 flash unit part

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arm, carpet, chrome, flash, flash unit, k-7, pentax help, unit