Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #16

O can't see anything on my iPhone with retina display...

10-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
+1

+1
Just do another wet clean, but make sure you keep the swab on the sensor the whole time till you are at the edge before lifting it.
I try to clean it this way,but don't work.Maybe I should use water+wipe?
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear personal,

I don't see anything in the indicated areas. Enhancing the contrast using curves in the Gimp can indeed make something visible in the indicated areas. However applying a similar contrast enhancement to a normal image will result in a very unnatural looking image.

Personally I would not bother if I have to put this much effort in to get it visible. As it really seems to bother you, I would say, go out and take some shots of various subjects. Next see if those lines are visible in your normal images using normal contrast settings where you're images look good to you.

Just my thoughts and good luck.
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by personal Quote
Maybe I should use water+wipe?
No. This is not a good idea. However, if you do go ahead with this, and ignore all the other advice in this thread, at least use distilled water. Anything else has impurities that will dry on the sensor, causing you more problems.

I don't mean to be mean about this, but you seem determined to break your camera. You've been told by multiple people that these extremely faint marks have no impact on your photography, yet you seem to be obsessing about it. Well, everyone has dust and other crap on their sensor, most a lot worse than what you're currently experiencing. It's a fact of life with DSLRs. You will never be able to keep the thing completely clean all the time, so why fuss over it?

In all likelihood, you will make the problem worse rather than better if you continue to mess with it.

10-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
No. This is not a good idea. However, if you do go ahead with this, and ignore all the other advice in this thread, at least use distilled water. Anything else has impurities that will dry on the sensor, causing you more problems.

I don't mean to be mean about this, but you seem determined to break your camera. You've been told by multiple people that these extremely faint marks have no impact on your photography, yet you seem to be obsessing about it. Well, everyone has dust and other crap on their sensor, most a lot worse than what you're currently experiencing. It's a fact of life with DSLRs. You will never be able to keep the thing completely clean all the time, so why fuss over it?

In all likelihood, you will make the problem worse rather than better if you continue to mess with it.
+1.
Leave it be.
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote

Got it.