Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
DoF calculator app for iphone

Just been slowly working my way way through some of the postings and saw reference to a DoF app for the iphone.
Is there one in particular that users have found to be the best?

If so and you could give me it's name it will reduce my search time through the gazillion number of iphone apps out there.

Thanks,
Mike

10-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This one is $1.99 and does more than DoF

PhotoBuddy - Ambertation.de

There are a couple of free ones too.

Field Tools, Simple DoF, iDof Calc, F-Stop Calculator, Plain DoF, iAlpha DOF Calculator
10-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks I'll go take a look.
10-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I like DOFMaster myself. Don't remember what (if anything) it cost though. Looking at PhotoBuddy I see it does what DOFMaster & another app I have do, so it seems to be a pretty good deal.

Good call boriscleto!

10-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I had a play with photobuddy, Don't know if i'm a bit thick but did not find it very intuitive to use and it seemed to work in conjuction with the phones camera but maybe I got it wrong.
Unless I was not clear in my quesation. I was after apps to put on the phone to have as field tools for when using my proper camera, not phone camera.
Anyway what I got was simpleDOF and Light meter but your tips pointed me in the right direction so thanks for your assistance.
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mychael Quote
I had a play with photobuddy, Don't know if i'm a bit thick but did not find it very intuitive to use and it seemed to work in conjuction with the phones camera but maybe I got it wrong.
Unless I was not clear in my quesation. I was after apps to put on the phone to have as field tools for when using my proper camera, not phone camera.
Anyway what I got was simpleDOF and Light meter but your tips pointed me in the right direction so thanks for your assistance.
Huh? The only thing it uses the built-in camera for is to measure distance (and that only works with the first-gen iPhone).

QuoteQuote:
PhotoBuddy is the perfect assistant to every professional photographer as well as to serious amateurs. Using PhotoBuddy you can calculate the most needed camera parameters directly on your iPhone or iPod touch.
10-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'll have another play with it. It did not appear to be be changing readings as I changed parameters, then when I selected phone type it opened the camera on the iphone.
10-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mychael Quote
I'll have another play with it. It did not appear to be be changing readings as I changed parameters, then when I selected phone type it opened the camera on the iphone.
I doubt we are even talking about the same app. PhotoBuddy has a setting for Camera type but nothing about phone type.

PhotoBuddy - Ambertation.de

10-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, looked at the link. Does not look like the version I had. I saw some similar but not those features shown in the link you sent me.
10-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use DOF Calculator from Aimen RG. My favourite app price - $0.00. My phone is Android.