Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #1

Pentax ist DL won't capture images

I recently pulled my Pentax ist DL out to take some images and realized, rather than recording the image I was taking I was just getting a black image, with lines through the middle. I tried cleaning the sensor, removing the SD card and replacing with another one, removing the batteries while the mirror was raised and nothing seems to change. I attached a link with an example of the images I'm getting. Nothing seems to be physically wrong and to my knowledge the camera hasn't been dropped or subjected to overly cold or hot weather. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45855442/IMGP2963.JPG

10-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Getting the obvious out of the way the lens cap was off?
Doesn't look good, looks like the sensor may have died, or there is a software issue. either way it's service for it Try loading the last firmware update though (if it isn't already installed)
, but given the value of the camera and the cost of service it
may be cheaper to just look for a good used body to replace it. K10's likely can be had for a shade over $250 if you hunt and they will be a big jump in quality
10-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yup lens cap was off lol I'll try the firm ware update, because I'm not positive it's the newest version. But I had a feeling it was something that needed service. Dang... I might start looking into a used one now though, just in case. Thanks for the help, although I was really hoping it was something I had over looked lol. Thanks so much!