Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #1

Pentax ist DL...screen not showing any data!

Hello! I haven't used this camera in a long while..but when I got set up for my second shooter to use it a session with me,it took pictures, but nothing comes up on the LCD screen. I can not set any of the settings at all. I changes memory cards, replaced batteries, changed lens & shut off (for a few minutes) then back on! Nothing! What is the problem?

Thank God I have my k-7, but the istD is my back up! Is it worth getting fixed or should I just buy another back up?

Thanks in advance :0 Debra

10-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Debra, 'bout the only thing I can think of is to remove the batteries for a day or so and see if that resets the DL. Good luck.
10-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #3

Original Poster
I did remove the batteries as well as the memory cards. I also put new batteries & memory card in too.No luck! I waited for a few days & still nothing!

Should I get it fixed? Is it worth it?

I mainly shoot with my k-7, so I only use the ist DL for my second shooter & my daugters' use it around the house to take pics & my daugh that assist me. Not sure what to do.
Thanks for y'all input!!
10-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Debra, sounds like it's not a battery issue (you said it does take pics), so sounds like the LCD or the LCD circuit has gone bad. The DL is about a $150 camera (assuming everything works) - so it's probably not worth fixing. Too bad.