Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #1

Pentax P30 - shutter button doesn't work

Hi there!

My name is Lídia, I live in Portugal and I've just signed in this forum because I hope someone can help me!
A friend of mine recently gave me a Pentax P30 that he haven't used for a long time. On the outside, the camera seems almost new, with some use signs but not broken or anything.

But the shutter button doesn't work, it doesn't make any sound at all, and the camera doesn't pulls the film.

The batteries are new, looking for the viewfinder I can find the shotting data display, but I can't take pictures at all...

So, I hope someone can help me, and I apologize if the grammar isn't very good!

Thanks!

10-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you say the camera doesn't pull the film. Do you mean that the lever will not pull the film? Is The film loaded correctly? the lever that advances the film also cocks the shutter then the shutter button releases it when pushed. If the lever doesn't travel far enough the shutter will not be cocked and the release button will not work. My P30t has had this happen a couple of times when I didn't advance far enough, or the film door had not fully latched.
If you haven't shot any shots yet I would remove the film and try to advance the lever thus cocking the shutter and then try the release button.then reload if it worked.
I also just had a roll of film my K1000 had trouble pulling. That is another possibility a bad roll of film .
I hope one of these works for you.