Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #1

What's wrong with my Pentax K100D?

So I have not used my Pentax K100D for a long time and just used it today but noticed a few issues.

1) When taking picture of the horizon or anything in the distance the image ends up being rotated clockwise a few degrees.

2) Images look grainy and there are now horizontal lines in the pictures. See attached pictures. (Edit, seems like an ISO issue. Fixed it)

How do I started to diagnose and eventually fix this problem? As you can probably already tell I am very much an amateur so any help I will be grateful for.

This camera has been around the block on many trips so it would not surprise me if I jarred something loose.

Attached Images

Last edited by crewkip; 11-01-2011 at 01:20 PM.
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #2

Original Poster
Here are some pictures of when I started to notice the rotated images. That horizon line was 100% level in the view finder. Also notice the images are grainy. Those images were take with the camera functioning in Full Auto.
Attached Images

11-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice car!

Looks like something might be busted in your camera- what you're seeing is banding, which is not normal. Might be time to step up to a K-r!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Nice car!

Looks like something might be busted in your camera- what you're seeing is banding, which is not normal. Might be time to step up to a K-r!
Thanks!

Well those horizontal lines got better when I played with the ISO.

The horizon being rotated is something I haven't been able to fix.

If something is damaged is this camera a write off or should I attempt to find a local shop and have it fixed?

11-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K100D, being as old as it is, is most likely a write-off.
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Time to buy a new/used camera. Repairs will cost more than it's worth. Better to invest that money in something else.