Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2011, 04:29 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
k100 d super won't go into auto flash mode

Good Morning,

I tried to search for this, but it seems our trusty k100ds does not have many problems. I am planning to use my super to photography my students in spirit week, but this morning, I found that it won't allow me to put it into auto flash mode. Usually I use Takumar or other mf lenses, but today I wanted to use the kit lens and just autofocus because I am really just making snapshots, not art.
I read the manual, and it says that auto flash should be available if I put the camera in autopict or portrait mode, but the auto flash is greyed out in those, and all other, modes. The flash works, but it is overpowering near subjects, and near useless farther away.

Any suggestions? I've tried reset and taking the batteries out for a while...

Thanks!

11-04-2011, 04:32 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I figured it out just that fast - the lens was not making proper contact, so the camera thought it was still an old mf lens. I took off and reattached the lens and all is well.
11-04-2011, 05:17 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That always happens once you post a question