Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #1

First shots with my recent move to Pentax!

Hi all

I've recently move to Pentax DSLR photography, away from Canon 35mm SLR. My first shots with the K7. Let me know what you think, anywhere you think I should look to improve. Thanks, and enjoy!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
11-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo #1 - is it a "meant to be" hi-key photo? The last photo is pretty nice, love the detail of the road/asphalt...

--
11-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yeh, I was going for the over-exposed shot. Later realised that all the photos I shot that day were at ISO 3200 though, the majority are really too grainy. Thought that one had a nice feel to it though.

As for number 4, thanks! I was amazed at the road detail actually, considering it was on a 30sec shutter speed. I'm rather impressed with this K-7 so far...
11-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K7 is a very nice body! 3200 is pushing it though with the K7 sensor, 2000 and below should produce great images. Get yourself some good PP software to help with the noise when shooting at higher ISO's.

--

11-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tezahad Quote
Yeh, I was going for the over-exposed shot. Later realised that all the photos I shot that day were at ISO 3200 though, the majority are really too grainy. Thought that one had a nice feel to it though.
I did that on my first shoot with the K-x and shot everything in ISO 1600 on a sunny day. It's one thing that annoys me about the camera. If you have it set to AutoISO and switch to M it switches to manual ISO. When you switch back to say AV, it stays in manual ISO and you have to switch it back to AutoISO. It should do this automatically.
11-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #6

Original Poster
Yeh, all the night shots I took, including those shown were shot very low ISO, and all fully manual. I actually enjoy going fully manual, so I think I'll avoid auto-modes. It's less fun if you let the camera so all of the work...