Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K7 and 14mm f2.8 DA lens

I have recently bought a secondhand Pentax 14mm f2.8 DA lens. I tried it in the shop on my K5 and it worked fine. However on my K7 it will not stop down when the shutter is released and the two screens continually show f2.8 no matter what is dialled in. All my other DA lenses work fine on the K7. has anybody any ideas what might be the cause?

11-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There may not be enough light for the camera to pick a larger aperture- try testing it in a brighter area, or use M mode!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Clean the contacts with alcohol and try again.
11-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #4

Original Poster
Have tried both these remedies. No joy!

11-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry for the stupid question, but have you tried removing the battery and putting it again? Maybe its just a camera bug, and sometimes removing the battery solves it.
11-13-2011, 04:27 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GabrielFFontes Quote
Sorry for the stupid question, but have you tried removing the battery and putting it again? Maybe its just a camera bug, and sometimes removing the battery solves it.
Its not a stupid question. Sometimes these things do work e.g. switching a computer on and off. But it hasn,t this time . Thanks
11-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry can't help. I can tell you My DA 14 works fine with my K7 though. Try jiggling the lens in the mount maybe it's not seating correctly
11-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
Inactive Account

What mode are you using on the K7?

11-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
What mode are you using on the K7?

It happens in all modes. Eddie1960's suggestion works to some degree. If I jiggle the lens really hard and persistently the correct set f stop sometimes will appear on the rear screen but when I half press the shutter the display goes back to f2.8. I wondered if the mechanical pin on the lens is not engaging with the one on the camera body?
11-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Froggy Quote
It happens in all modes. Eddie1960's suggestion works to some degree. If I jiggle the lens really hard and persistently the correct set f stop sometimes will appear on the rear screen but when I half press the shutter the display goes back to f2.8. I wondered if the mechanical pin on the lens is not engaging with the one on the camera body?
Can't say.. It would seem unlikely to me that would be the Only lens doing it though especially since it works on another camera (K5?). The reason I asked about the mode is on the K7, in P mode, with aperture priority and AUTO ISO set, the camera will default to max ISO and a wide open lens. That is, if I remember correctly. I don't remember it happening in any other situation though. If your ISO is set for Auto, try fixing it at ISO 100. I haven't seen my K7 in about a year now and I no longer own a DA14 so I can't test any of this myself.

11-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Can't say.. It would seem unlikely to me that would be the Only lens doing it though especially since it works on another camera (K5?). The reason I asked about the mode is on the K7, in P mode, with aperture priority and AUTO ISO set, the camera will default to max ISO and a wide open lens. That is, if I remember correctly. I don't remember it happening in any other situation though. If your ISO is set for Auto, try fixing it at ISO 100. I haven't seen my K7 in about a year now and I no longer own a DA14 so I can't test any of this myself.

I'll get them out and try since i have your K7 Jeff
results tomorrow when there is more than twilight