Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #1

Quick Tripod Release missing to mount K200

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi. bought a secondhand tripod and cant locate the quick release to use it
Its a Miranda Video Pro 2, I ask if any one can help identify the part I need or the type so I can search ebay to get a new part,
Hope the pics and you can help?
Regards Andy

11-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are quite a few tripods that have their own heads that support just their own clamp designs. If you are unable to find a camera plate for your tripod/head, are you able to unscrew the head completely and replace it with some other head (that comes with a plate)? From you picture it appears that the strap is held in place by the head, with a new head, you can at least make use of the legs.

11-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Why would you buy an obscure brand of tripod without the QR plate? If you had bought a well known brand like Manfrotto, it's easy enough to source the parts from eBay and elsewhere but a Miranda? I hope you can return the tripod because without a part number it would be near impossible to find a correct QR plate for the tripod.
11-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Don't feel bad. Every used tripod I've ever seen with a quick release plate was missing said plate.

11-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Unless it was specifically stated that it was missing, you sholdl be able to return it to the seller.
11-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you for the replys.
Andy
11-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #7
Inactive Account

If the head comes off and you like the tripod legs, I would replace that with a manfrotto RC2 type QR Ball Head. The one you show doesn't look like anything I've ever used (but don't take that as meaning it was never common).

11-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I managed to get a replacement to fit, One from Ebay here
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

It fits perfectly only needing very slight widening of the slot to sit flush. Hope this helps others in the same situation
All the best

In this pic just a slight bit either side made wider.

11-19-2011, 03:16 AM   #9

Photos: Gallery
Well done, good for you...
Len