Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LoPing Quote
Thanks guys.. after trying and trying it turns out it was just Plastic wrap effect.... New recreated pic attached...I really appreciate you guys chiming in..
I don't think it was just Plastic Wrap. Look at the tall tree just to the right of centre, it's 'shinier' in the first pic.

To use Emboss, first hold CTRL and press J to get a new layer, apply the Emboss filter, then on the right hand side of CS5, under layers, click 'normal' and change it. I don't think that's the other filter you used though. I'm playing around now to see if I can figure it out

11-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #17
Pentaxian

What about a noise diffusion layer first before plastic wrap? do you think that would do it tippon?
11-25-2011, 05:51 AM   #18
Forum Member

No idea. I'm still trying to figure Photoshop out myself

I've had a play about with the pic, and can get either the trees fairly close, or the sky fairly close, mainly by changing the Plastic Wrap settings, but I can't get both, so I'm guessing they were done as separate layers. Just a guess though
11-25-2011, 05:52 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tippon Quote
No idea. I'm still trying to figure Photoshop out myself

ah good ol photoshop...

11-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
I have the same issue with Photoshop. I work so hard on getting a result, I forget how I got there!
12-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LoPing Quote
Every time I use the emboss feature it turns everything gray and I can't bring back the color.. I see that it wants the emboss but why in just gray?
I see you figured it out... but here's a suggestion to try with emboss and other filters that take out the color:
first, dup the layer, so now you have the same photo on the second layer. Apply the filter to this. Now you have your original with the filtered version as a layer on top of it.
Then, use the 'blend mode' and transparency controls to blend the top over the bottom... try them all, see what you like. In most of the modes the colors from the bottom layer will shine through.

As an alternative, after duping the original, emboss the bottom, and blend the top onto it in color mode - that ought to lay the original color over the grey bottom effect.