Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Dumb Newbie mistake - spots on lens - software cleanup of photos.

Went on vacation and really started playing with my K-X. As I'm a newbie, I got lazy and just didn't clean my lenses enough, and when I got home, I found there were some annoying spots on my otherwise GREAT shots that I took with this camera. So, since it's obviously too late to retake these shots, is there a good software package (preferably free, but if it's inexpensive, I can deal with that too) that would help me clean up something like this? I tried using the software that came with the camera, but for some reason, after it loads the photos into it, it just crashes on my Windows 7/64 bit desktop. I've installed and reinstalled and this continues to happen.

11-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The spots on your photos are unlikely to come from spots on the lens. You probably have dust on your sensor. A Rocket blower or it's equivalent is usually enough to remove dust from the sensor. Stubborn spots may require the Pentax sensor cleaning kit.

FastStone Image Viewer is a freeware viewer with editing capability.

FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter

You could also use Picasa.

Picasa 3: Free download from Google