Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The "Ricoh pin" is even visible in both pictures. And to answer your question, yes, the lens will work just fine with the K1000 after "surgery".

Name:  IMGP5221.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  IMGP5222.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  68.4 KB

01-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by shrntate Quote
Sorry for delayed response. I was out of town for the holidays. Ripit...will the lens still work on my old K1000 after "surgery" ?
Yes. The "dreaded Ricoh pin", as its name implies, is only useful on certain Ricoh cameras. On Pentax cameras, it has no function. As has been pointed out, Ricoh positioned their pin in exactly the same place that Pentax would later position the autofocus screw drive mechanism.
01-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix <- Easy way to fix the issue. Might seem tricky to get the pin out, but with a bit of patience and planning it's realy not hard at all. To be honest you're in a much better situation than some people have been in (me included) where you got the lens on but could'nt get it off again

02-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #19

Original Poster
Sooo...this does work!!! Kind of. The lens DOES fit!!! The lens DOES come off!!! Thank you!!! However...the camera itself will not allow me to shoot. The F-stop keeps blinking with an "F--" Any further thoughts?

02-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shrntate Quote
Sooo...this does work!!! Kind of. The lens DOES fit!!! The lens DOES come off!!! Thank you!!! However...the camera itself will not allow me to shoot. The F-stop keeps blinking with an "F--" Any further thoughts?
Set "Using Aperture Ring" to permitted (2) in the custom menu. It's the only item in C menu 4.
02-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #21

Original Poster
Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone who helped me with this!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I am the happiest man in the world right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!