Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax service

I remember that warranty for my first Nikon digital camera included one free service ( cleaning/tuning/ ) during warranty period.
Does Pentax have anything like that?

How much would cleaning service cost for Pentax Kx in US? Does it worth it to do professional cleaning to increase re-selling value of the old camera, or it will cost more than added value?

11-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I don't believe the Pentax warranty includes a free cleaning, although third-party warranties definitely do.

It's not worth it to clean your camera just to sell it unless it's got some serious dust.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Might depend on where you are, or what shop you bought it from, IDK. Mine, I was assured it came with one "free" send-in for recalibration, cleaning, and a check for problems. I haven't had any major problems, so I haven't tested this. Maybe when there are just a few months left on the warranty tho...

Got mine in Ontario, Canada, at a Black's. No clue if that makes a difference.
11-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Not a major dust problem - there is something visible in viewfinder in the bright light..
But nothing can be seen on the pictures, so I am pretty sure that sensor is clean.

And, I bought it online from the retailer, not a specialized photo shop. So only manufacturer warranty.

Thanks for the replies.

11-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #5

The extended warrantee (all of $20) does include a free checkup with cleaning at any time during the extended 3 year period.