Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #1

Pentax Kx LCD Screen not working.

Hey, Its my first time posting here. I was in my studio class shooting and I accidentally dropped my Pentax Kx. I'm able to change my f-stop by looking through the viewfinder and I can take pictures. The problem is that I can not use the LCD screen to view my pictures and to manually change my ISO.

Should I send it to Pentax ?
Or go to photo store to get it fixed ?
How can I use my serial number to find out with I still have a warranty?

11-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Warranty does not cover dropping your camera. A "photo store" can not fix it.
11-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
I meant a photo store that fixes cameras.
11-19-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Camera repair store: local camera repair stores vary widely in their abilities. If its simply a case of something being put back in alignment someone may do it. If they need replacement parts, it would be better to mail it to the authorized repair facility-C.R.I.S camera in AZ. It may still take a month to get it back...

If you still want to try a local shop, if you are in NYC, and you have the time, drop by B&H Camera superstore. Seems like you are looking for a wide angle lens based on one of your other posts. Go and check out the Pentax 12-24, DA 15mm and the Sigma 10-20 and while doing so, ask one of their salespeople who they would recommend locally for your problem. He/she may not really know but better than looking at the yellow pages...

Best of luck.

11-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #5

Original Poster
Yeah I'm going to do that go to every Camera repair store and ask for a estimate if not I might just send it to Arizona and yes I know it would take a long time to ge my Pentax back. I will also definitely check hose two lens out !

Thanks! =)

QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
Camera repair store: local camera repair stores vary widely in their abilities. If its simply a case of something being put back in alignment someone may do it. If they need replacement parts, it would be better to mail it to the authorized repair facility-C.R.I.S camera in AZ. It may still take a month to get it back...

If you still want to try a local shop, if you are in NYC, and you have the time, drop by B&H Camera superstore. Seems like you are looking for a wide angle lens based on one of your other posts. Go and check out the Pentax 12-24, DA 15mm and the Sigma 10-20 and while doing so, ask one of their salespeople who they would recommend locally for your problem. He/she may not really know but better than looking at the yellow pages...

Best of luck.