Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sigma mini-wide II 28mm f2.8 modified?

I saw this lens and it has "A position" for automatic aperture, I guess (the "A" seems to be erased). In Av mode the camera displays "F--" for aperture (and cannot be changed) but in exif data the aperture is "f2.8".

The mount of this lens seems to be different from another Sigma mini-wide mount (there are 2 pins missing).
On the rear cap of this lens is written: "for Pentax-K Ricoh XR-P" (I don't know if this caps is the orginial one)

My question is:
This lens is modified or is it ok? (serial number is 1135059)

Thank you!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
11-22-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It seems to be modified or perhaps sold as a k mount not KA mount.

Are you sure the A position pin is missing? Check that this is not a pin that extends whe the lens is put into the A position.

You can also get a pin to put into that position I have used spring loaded IC pin array pins
11-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Are you sure the A position pin is missing? Check that this is not a pin that extends whe the lens is put into the A position.
I see in the picture that there is no hole for any pin on the mount. At others Sigma mini-wide II lens the I saw 2 pins on the mount. Maybe this lens it's only PK not PKA. Who knows!
07-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
may be modified to remove the ricoh pin in the bargain have removed all pins:
at least ur DSLR is safe i realised about ricoh pin when using mini wide it got stuck, took me a long long time to realise what happened once having removed the focusing screw started acting erractically, now it focuses now it does not- guess will have to realign the focusing screw (at the best).
BEWARE A LOT OF SIGMA MINI WIDES are sold as PK A when it is PK-R

08-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a Sigma KA mount from an f2.8 lens which is about the same age. On this lens the Ricoh pin was removed; it's out of focus a bit, it was in the black spot in the bottom left.

You could probably get this Miniwide to work if you installed a spring-loaded pin in the A position, or modified the pin on your camera.
08-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #6

Original Poster
Ok, thanks!