Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #1

problem updating firmware

Hello all,
I just received my K-5 yesterday and have been trying to update the firmware .I can download but not extract the files.A message appears on my pc monitor saying the program may not have installed properly.Appreciate any help you can give.

12-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Download the zip ("Mac version") and extract that instead.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks so much Adam.It worked! I should have come here first instead of trying to get an answer directly from Pentax.
Marc
12-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I received the same error message, which makes no sense as nothing is being installed, just extracted. I clicked 'the program installed correctly" button and found the extracted files where they were supposed to be. The error is spurious, just ignore it.

02-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I just updated my K5 from V1.01 to V1.12 with the .EXE file and I got the same message about the update failure, you can ignore it. As long as you get the .BIN file and the .TXT file to extract in your folder that's all that matters. Follow the instructions in the .TXT file and POOF your done. The whole process takes less than 10 Mins from file download to completed update.