Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hman Quote
Thanks all for your input! Still not sure which way to go, unless I change every light bulb in the house to CFL!
Then take all the packages, add up the cost savings claimed on them, and use that for a camera budget!

12-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Actually, Dave, I am attempting to sell a great CD collection (Live at the World Cafe, vol, 1-23) on ebay to fund whatever I buy...but your idea makes sense to create justification for the purchase!
12-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Despite those issues I would still go for the K-r as it's got a nicer screen and better overall performance, especially now that it's being discontinued.
But the choices for a new k-r are narrowing and the price is going up. Any idea of when its replacement will come in?
12-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I pulled the trigger and got a K-x from a forum member, and am awaiting its arrival. Thanks for all of the input, suggestions and recommendations.

12-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #20

I pulled the trigger and got a K-x from a forum member, and am awaiting its arrival. Thanks for all of the input, suggestions and recommendations.
Let us know how you like the K-x.
01-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
K-x arrived, like brand new. MUCH more comfortable to hold than K100D due its smaller size and lighter weight. LOTS to learn with new menu structure and more options. One thing I will miss is the inability to use wired remote control. More to come...thanks for all of your thoughts and suggestions.
01-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Congrats on the Kx purchase!
I too have the K100DS but am still very satisfied with its performance that I haven't really considered hard on upgrading yet!
The K100DS is a gem and if ever I will upgrade, I will still decide to keep it. I think the K100DS is one of those Pentax collectable camera.
I'm actually thinking of buying an *istD too for its TTL capability for my TTL flashes macro or otherwise.. =)

01-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
I too have the K100DS but am still very satisfied with its performance that I haven't really considered hard on upgrading yet!
The K100DS is a gem and if ever I will upgrade, I will still decide to keep it. I think the K100DS is one of those Pentax collectable camera.
I'm actually thinking of buying an *istD too for its TTL capability for my TTL flashes macro or otherwise..
Yep. I have bother the K-x and the K100D & as much as I love the K-x for it's great high ISO performance, I still use the heck out of the K100D for daylight shooting. I'd say both of my cameras get about equal use. Just because it's "obsolete" doesn't mean it's not still a great tool.
01-10-2012, 05:54 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am deliberating whether to keep or sell the K100D. I really have no need for both bodies and its sale could finance a lens. Tough decision. I never thought of it as obsolete; the K-x is just more versatile.
01-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #25

I am deliberating whether to keep or sell the K100D. I really have no need for both bodies and its sale could finance a lens. Tough decision. I never thought of it as obsolete; the K-x is just more versatile.
you just answered your question.
i too would recommend you selling your k100d.

once you get used to the IQ and low iso perform of the kx, you just don't feel like using older body again.