Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kr no longer responds to IR remote control

My K-r is about 9 months old and has until recently been working fine in response to my Pentax O-RC1. Last weekend it wouldn't. At first I suspected the battery in the remote, but it triggers my K5 without hesitation. So I'm guessing I have a camera fault. The K-r is still under warranty but I want to be sure I've explored all the easy fixes first. I know I'm using the correct camera settings and I have the latest firmware. Any suggestions? Thanks.

12-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Without knowing the controls of the K-r very well, may I suggest you check all your switches as well.
Last week while using my K10 with remote, I was stumped for about two minutes trying to work out why the darn thing was not firing. The focus select switch was out of position just enough that the remote was ineffective.
12-16-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks but no luck. Good suggestion though, I hadn't thought of focus aspect. I've sent an enquiry to Pentax now to see if I can escape sending the camera in for warranty repair.
03-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ended up getting a warranty repair. The camera was away from January 11 until March 26 waiting for a part from Japan

03-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

At least you still had a K5 to play with
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
True