Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K and M lens-speed won't set

Have a KX in which when using K or M lens in either M or TV setting the edial won't move to set the shutter speed but works with an A lens is used.I have not knowingly changed any menu setting on the camera.
Thanks,
Jake

12-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you enabled the "allow aperture setting ring other than A" custom function and read the following article?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just checked again,using aperture ring is permitted.Put the a lens on ,can set speed in either the a setting and all others but not with the m lens.will try another m type lens and see if it works.
Thanks,
Jake
12-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Put a Sears 50mm f1.7 on the camera,can set speed in both M and TV settings.The lens giving me problems is a 28mm CPC
macro.Cleaned the lens mount with contact cleaner and am now able to set the speed.Have been using this lens in AV mode with no problems.Have run my batteries down,will get back to this later.
Thanks,
Jake

Last edited by bjake; 12-20-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Addition
12-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Camera is still working properly with the CPC 28mm that was giving problems.The best I can figure is that the lens had some foreign matter on it that was insulating it on part of the contacts and confusing the software in the camera.Thinking camera works OK with a lens shorting all the contacts but not all of them as it started working right after the lens mount was cleaned.
Thanks,
Jake