Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #1

Issues opening files from a Pentax K-x

Hi,

I have been a Pentax fan for long time and lately changed to digital K-x.
The camara has worked fine but recently I started to have a problem with the files:
It was working ok at 6M file size and then I changed it to 12M to make some extra large impresions but when I tried to download the files in my PC, the files are there but I can not open them,
I tried to open the files again in the camera and is not possible either.
Since this loss, I changed the setting back to 6M and tested it with a couple of photos and it worked fine, but now a similar thing happened:
The photos are downloaded on PC, displayed in my photo software (Picture Motion Browser from Sony) and then they start to grayout in front of your eyes and can not open the files again!

I'm really frustated becasue some of the photos from the 2nd try are from my 7YO son's first solo violin performance, so any help is appreciated very much!!

I have the card intact, I mean, I have not taken further photos

12-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I do not know what type of computer system you have but if you have windows
Also are you talking JPEG, DNG or PEF Format?
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi,
I'm using Windows Vista regularly and I have checked the card with Windows 7 also.
The files are JPEG by the way.
12-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Memoreno Quote
Hi,

The photos are downloaded on PC, displayed in my photo software (Picture Motion Browser from Sony) and then they start to grayout in front of your eyes and can not open the files again!
Have you tried opening the files with a regular picture viewer or even MS Paint? If you can, I'm not familiar with Sony browser but I'd guess some settings may have changed somehow...just a thought.

You may also try another card.....format the new card in camera.