Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2011, 05:55 AM   #1

Problem with Focus Toggle on *istD L2

Wow, you guys have been so awesome teaching me and helping me learn about my camera!!

Here is my next challenge.. As you know I am photographing in Manual.

When I push the button 1/2 way it should lock the focus, but as soon as I move my camera, the lens refocuses... Is there a setting I may have changed to cause this?? How can I fix this problem??

Thanks so much!!

12-22-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Change the focusing mode from afc to afs in the menu.
12-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
My focusing mode is at AF.S in the menu???
12-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #4

That's odd, it shouldn't refocus on AF.S as long as you're keeping a constant "half press" on the shutter release, I wonder if the button is having issues. Anyway I've had times in which I've used the "half press" to lock focus and flipped the focus switch to manual before recomposing, this only works if the camera to subject distance is not changing at all. I've only had to do this a couple of times but it has proven useful in certain situations. When I do this I keep one finger on the shutter release and the other finger on the auto/manual focus switch, once focus is locked, I flip the switch. Just be careful not to bump the focusing ring on the lens or you'll knock your focus off.

12-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"Sports" mode automatically sets AF-C, I believe. But assuming you're not in that mod, I'd say you are not keeping your finger on the shutter solidly enough (and perhaps the button is flaky).
12-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #6

Original Poster
Did all the advice... turned off... Read manual.. And turns out I was not waiting long enough.. Camera must beep and a funny icon show up in the view finder for it to retain focus.. This can take a while sometimes... Thanks guys!!