Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #1

pentax super program

alright so i bought a pentax super program and im trying to figure out how to read the light meter?? do i need to change the batteries?? if you guys have any information on this please let me know!! thanks for all the help and merry christmas!!

12-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The light meter goes from -3 to +3: ideally you'll want it to be at 0. Take a look at the manual! As yes, you'll need to have the batteries working.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Like Adam said. Have fun!
12-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnnyg Quote
alright so i bought a pentax super program and im trying to figure out how to read the light meter?? do i need to change the batteries?? if you guys have any information on this please let me know!! thanks for all the help and merry christmas!!
Does it have batteries in it? If so, they likely need to be changed. It takes two 357 button cells (a.k.a. SR44) and they insert + end facing into the body.

If the batteries are dead, you will have no f/stop or shutter-speed display in the viewfinder or top LCD and the shutter will not work. If the batteries are low, the display will show a low battery message.

Download the manual (link above) and give it a thorough reading.

One other thing...your camera likely will need new light seals and mirror bumper foam. To check, touch a toothpick to the foam seals for the edge of the film door. If the material is sticky or crumbly, it is time to replace. Ditto for the foam strip that the mirror rests against during exposure. If the mirror foam is gummy, it is probably best to not play with the camera too much before fixing. The gummy stuff can be flung onto the focus screen and/or mirror where it can be difficult to remove (takes special solvents and great care). Replacement of the foams can be done as a do-it-yourself project if you are handy and have a steady hand.

Steve