Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Ricoh XR Rikenon APO 1:4.5 300mm lens mount damage

Hello,

This is my first post on these forums and unfortunately it's due to a problem with one of my lenses.

I recently bought a working ME Super body along with a SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7, Vivitar 70-150mm f3.8 MC Macro focusing zoom (one touch version), Cosina 28mm f/2.8 MC and a Ricoh 300mm F4.5 XR APO Rikenon lens on eBay for £33 plus £10 postage. To make it even more of a bargain they came in an aluminium flightcase along with a selection of hoods and filters and also a squeeze-bulb remote shutter release.

At first the only problems I saw were that the lenses needed a good clean and that the battery cover was missing from the ME super. After closer inspection of the Ricoh 300mm however, I noticed that the lens had been dropped and damaged to such a degree that it no longer fits in the camera body - It goes in but isn't able to fully turn into place. I've included a link to photos of the lens below as it's much easier than trying to explain the damage.

Ricoh 300mm Damage - a set on Flickr

Does anyone know what's required to fix this? Also due to the rarity of the lens I take it finding spare parts is not an option?

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Keir.

12-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Perhaps you can use the mount portion from another model.
There are plenty of inexpensive used XR Rikenon lenses around.

There are several considerations when looking for a direct replacement.
The positions of the screws must be identical and the coupling lever slots must be no smaller.
Thickness must be identical or focus will be affected.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 12-25-2011 at 02:51 PM.
12-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
The positions of the screws must be identical
I just compared the mount on the damaged lens to my XR Rikenon 50/2 and the screw holes are not the same, so I guess you can rule that one out!

Steve
12-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a pretty serious dent. I would be tempted to try removing the mount from the lens body, then straighten it out with some pliers and smooth off the rough points and anything causing interference with a fine file and sandpaper on a small sanding block. You will have to wash all the metals filings off before you test fit the mount to a body, but with some trial and error you can probably get the mount to a point where it will work even if it isn't pretty.