Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Inactive Account

how to take multiple shots in self timer with pentax k-r

Hi! I'm new here and this is my first post! well.. i just bought a pink pentax k-r last week and it is my first dslr... a lot of my friends have one with different brands and all of them used a multiple shot while their cameras are set in a self-timer mode.. i'm trying to figure out how to do a multiple shot with my k-r but i can't.. There was nothing about multiple shot on the operating manual as well.. The operating maual only tackles continuous shooting, interval shooting and multi-xposure.. I also googled about it but didn't find any answers as well.. I hope someone can answer my query... :ugh: Thank you so much in advance!

12-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #2

Can you be a little more specific with multiple shot?

Are they pressing the button once then walking away and like, 10 seconds later the camera takes 5 pictures back to back?
12-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to these forums!

It sounds like interval shooting (that is, taking as few as two and as many as 99 exposures with time in between to show time lapse style photography) might be what you're looking for. In interval shooting on the menu, just set the interval and it takes a series of exposures when the time interval comes around. If that doesn't sound like what you're looking for, could you give us the model of one of your friends' cameras that has the feature?
12-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by icywindow Quote
Welcome to these forums!

It sounds like interval shooting (that is, taking as few as two and as many as 99 exposures with time in between to show time lapse style photography) might be what you're looking for. In interval shooting on the menu, just set the interval and it takes a series of exposures when the time interval comes around. If that doesn't sound like what you're looking for, could you give us the model of one of your friends' cameras that has the feature?
Nope.. I've tried the interval shooting but that's not what i'm looking for. the model of my friend's camera is canon 500D.. i just really want to know if my k-r has that same feature and how to do it... thanks a lot!

12-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xfloggingkylex Quote
Can you be a little more specific with multiple shot?

Are they pressing the button once then walking away and like, 10 seconds later the camera takes 5 pictures back to back?
Yes that's it! The camera is set on a tripod and self-timer mode, the one who sets it press the shutter button once and run to join the group picture and right after 10 seconds different candid pose are made together with a fast multiple shutter sound and presto 10 pictures are captured instantly. i just want to know if my k-r has the same feature/function and how to do it. thanks a lot!
12-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JaneDoe08 Quote
Yes that's it! The camera is set on a tripod and self-timer mode, the one who sets it press the shutter button once and run to join the group picture and right after 10 seconds different candid pose are made together with a fast multiple shutter sound and presto 10 pictures are captured instantly. i just want to know if my k-r has the same feature/function and how to do it. thanks a lot!
I can't say for sure with the Kr. With my K20D, I'd set the Interval to the shortest possible time. But the timer delay doesn't work with that, so I'd use the wireless remote to start the shot sequence. Mount camera on tripod; set Interval to 10 shots, 1 second apart; pose group; join group; punch the wireless remote; cavort. After 10 seconds, calm down.
12-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Are you sure they aren't using remotes? That's a better way anyhow.