Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K7 Battery charger test

Anyone know an easy way to test the battery charger for my K7? I've got a multi meter, but not sure what I should be checking for. One of my batteries died, I put it in the charger, and it seemed to work as it normally does. (charging light came on, then turned off) After "charging", I put the battery back in the camera, but K7 said it was still dead. I've not killed another battery yet to see if it's just the battery or not, but battery worked fine up to this point, and I got plenty of shots out of it, so I can't imagine it just kicked the bucket, but stranger things have happened. It is not an original Pentax battery, and not sure of the age of it either, as it came with a used grip that I purchased.

12-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
From what I have read here on this forum, I would say the battery died. From what I understand (my K7 isn't a year old so I havn't had a problem yet) the battery the K7 uses can and will die quickly like that.

Before starting to think the charger is bad, I would go out and use up another battery and charge it to see what happens.