Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #1

M42-Pk mount broke and is stuck to Super Takumar 50mm

Title says it all and I can't get the mount off, any ideas how to get it off without breaking the lens?

EDIT:
Also the camera doesn't recognize the lens when I put it on

Last edited by jnigo; 12-30-2011 at 05:18 PM.
12-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Often it helps to use a K mount rear cap as a wrench to get the adapter off.

Have you set your body to aperture ring-permitted in the custom menu? If not the shutter won't release with manual lenses.

What part of the adapter broke?
12-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

springclip?

have you tried to loosen or remove the screw that holds the spingclip in place? that screw isn't supposed to poke through to the threads but, after a lot of use it can become a burr in the threads.
12-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are the threads crossed? Possible on the cheap knock-offs as the threads are cut a little loose. As noted above a k-mount rear cap can sometimes help. If all else fails, use a dremel tool to cut the adapter in two places and it will just fall off. Be careful not to cut into the lens threads.

Post a picture and you might get better advice but
QuoteOriginally posted by jnigo Quote
broke and is stuck
can mean a lot of things.

12-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

A possibility is that the adapter is installed to the lens backward. If this is the case, you need to depress a pin on the lens to rotate the adapter out. Let me me see if I can find a photo.