Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
rlatjsrud

How can I pay when I buy camera or accessory at BUY/SELL page?

I want to buy lens at Buy/Sell page. but I don't know how to pay the money...

Can someone help me?

01-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I assume you are referring to the Marketplace here on Pentaxforums. If that is the case, then it is up to the buyer and the seller to work out the payment arrangements. I would say that the majority of time payments are made through PayPal (especially within the US), but again you'll want to contact the individual seller to find out what he or she is willing to take in terms of payment methods.
01-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Dan has given you great advice--I'll add a little more. As Dan says, most deals are done through Paypal, which means both the buyer & seller need to have an account.

If you want to buy a lens @ the Marketplace, have a Paypal account, but have not made a buy-transaction before, you can give your Paypal e-mail account to the seller, who, in turn, will send a bill to you. Then, you only need to log into Paypal, where you find the bill the selller sent. At this point, you select the amount of payment and send it off to the seller--Paypal does the rest and you get a receipt in your e-mail inbox. Clear as mud? Good luck.

JT
01-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Paypal seems to have taken the majority of the market share when it comes to online payments, however, they do charge a fee and there are other sites that do not. AmazonPayments does not charge a fee to transfer the money and that is nice for both parties.

01-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Paypal is convenient since you don't have to reveal your Cedit/Debit card info to the seller and the plus thing is, you are covered by "Buyer Protection", wherein if the item you bought is not as described or misrepresented by the seller, then you can file a claim & have the item returned with your payment sent back to you.
Don't send money as a "gift" though as this is not covered by the buyer protection since the money you sent to the seller would be considered as a "gift" and never as a "purchase" or a "transaction".