Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Optio E80 clock reset and won't honor [Date Adjustment] changes

Thirteen days ago something went haywire with the internal clock on my Optio E80. The AA batteries seemed to need replacing and when I did, the clock reset to January 1, 2009. No matter how many times I go to MENU > [Date Adjustment] and set today's date, the internal clock reverts to the incorrect time: today it says January 13, 2009, not January 8, 2012.

I've cleaned the area where the AA batteries connect and that seems fine. I've seen some mention that the issue may be with an internal button battery or capacitor but I've never seen anything says how to go about confirming that this is the issue or a part number or cost estimate.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have on how to correct the internal clock.

01-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This happens when the internal backup battery runs dry, I think. It'll need to be replaced, and instead of doing that I think it might be cheaper to just buy a new RS1500 for $89:

15981 G Pentax Optio RS1500 Digital Camera Kit - Silver - with 4GB SD Memory Card, Camera Case

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Bummer.

Thanks, Adam.