Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #1

The pc connect port has fallen into my k100d

Its been like this for a few years but i always got around uploading photos by using an sd drive. I recently bought a new SD card (SDHC) and i need to update the firmware on my camera to use it. I cant find any of my older sd cards and i need to take photos for a friend. I was curious as to how easy it would be for me to open up my camera a fetch the port and put it back into place? Would i have to take the entire casing off?

I dont have the money to take it somewhere to get it fixed and i've done some minor electrical work before so i was thinking about doing it myself.

Any thoughts? I could use some advice

also im new here and im not sure if this is the right thread for this, if im in the wrong place being pointed in the right direction would be welcomed.

Last edited by Arizis; 01-09-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: left something out
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would just get a cheap 1gb SD card, put the firmware on it and load it from there.
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You can just remove the bottom plate and see if you can shake it out. If that didn't work, then the top has to come off partially for the side panel to be removed. This can be dangerous if not careful. I wouldn't recommend solder it back in place because you can kill the circuit easily.
01-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fixing the port will more than likely not help you in updating the firmware; if the camera does not support SDHC, it will not be able to write to it and/or read from it. The first one can be circumvented by putting the card in the PC, the second one can not be circumvented.