Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-r Resets to factory default

Has anyone else experienced this? Last night after I put my memory card back in the camera after copying the files, I formatted the card and then repowered it as I always do, oddly it went back to the factory default. I was a little miffed but thought maybe I presssed the wrong oprion seeing as they are in the same position but different menus. Today the problem still exists, I inputed all my previous settings, took my photos,and all was good until I turned it back on and it had reset again! Is there a simple fix or am I SOL AGAIN! this will be this bodies third visit to Pentax, I am not happy and don't particularly want this one back due to the issues, I think I got a lemon. I wonder if they will allow me to upgrade to the K-5 or if I am stuck with it... your opinions please!

01-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are some settings which you can configure to have the camera remember or forget when powered off- what exactly is being reset?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
Everything, all my settings go back to factiory default, I power it back on and it starts at the first menu screen, asking what language.
01-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be that the internal backup battery is dry or disconnected in that case...though normally it only affects the timestamp. I'd get the camera replaced in any case if you can, or return it and go for the K-5 as you suggested.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #5

Original Poster
how much do they charge for an upgrade?
01-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Pentaxian

The "lemon law" is 3 times for same problem, just so you know. I'd go for credit toward the K-5 though.
01-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #7

Original Poster
Well I will see what they say on Friday when I drive back to the offices in Mississauga...