Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #1

Pentax MV-1 Help!!!

I just purchased a pentax mv-1 that is like a brand new camera still had some of the protective film on the outside that you peel off. it seemed like a perfect camera till i put batteries in the camera and looked threw the veiw finder. if you push the shutter release down half way the led light inside is supposed to come on but it doesnt. just wondering if anyone has had the same issue or if anyone knows and easy way to fix. please help ide really like to take pics with it since im new to film photography.

Thanks,
Carlyn

01-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The most common cause of this is improper battery insertion. I've done that once and mistook a camera for being broken, then sent it back only to discover it was my fault

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
I ve put batteries in both ways and i still cant get it to work i crossed refferanced the batery and it came out using a 357 energizer battery. mabey i should see if there is a messup in the cross reference.
the camera looks unused it is absolutly perfect it didnt have batteries in it when i got it either so if i can get it to work i would be super excited!
01-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Forum Member

Wikipedia says a 357 is the same as SR44 or LR44(alkaline equivalent) so that should be exactly right.
They should both go in flat side first.

Take the battery cover off and see if the little raised circle on the inside of the cover looks in any way dull. If it does, rub it with end of a screwdriver or something until it's shiny, then try again.
If it's got some corrosion on the surface there may not be a good enough contact with the battery to make your camera work.