Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Showing Images In Finder

Firstly i hope this is in the right thread...

Im using a Mac and its slightly annoying that in order to see my raw images (.pef) i need to open them one by one in preview and then don't show up in the finder, instead its like a camera shutter.

I know i could open in Photoshop but i would like to be able to see them in finder as well. anyone else got this problem or know how to fix?

01-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Switch to column view then select the icon. Does a preview show up?

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-01-12 at 5.27.10 PM.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  111.3 KB

Select a RAW file and hit the Space key. Does it open in QuickLook?

You can select a series of RAW files and hit space to QuickLook them all. Or, you can open all of them in Preview at the same time.
01-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another option is to set the camera to RAW DNG. Your MAC can probably view them straight off. One nice thing about Pentaxes - you can do this.
01-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Murgy91 Quote
Firstly i hope this is in the right thread...

Im using a Mac and its slightly annoying that in order to see my raw images (.pef) i need to open them one by one in preview and then don't show up in the finder, instead its like a camera shutter.

I know i could open in Photoshop but i would like to be able to see them in finder as well. anyone else got this problem or know how to fix?
Which OS version do you use? SnowLeopard (10.6.x) has no problems to show PEF previews in the Finder. Older versions may only show older PEF-versions, but the last two Mac OS X versions work fine with PEFs.

Ben