Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Help, first roll of film

Hi guys i just got my first roll of film developed and all the photos were fine up until i did a double exposure then it basically ruined the rest of my film.

any ideas as to why that would be?

The person at the camera shop where i got it developed, said light was leaking in through the back but how could it be when every photo up until the double exposure were fine? i'm worried

01-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom.Hawthorne Quote
Hi guys i just got my first roll of film developed and all the photos were fine up until i did a double exposure then it basically ruined the rest of my film.

any ideas as to why that would be?

The person at the camera shop where i got it developed, said light was leaking in through the back but how could it be when every photo up until the double exposure were fine? i'm worried
Do you remember what you did with DB exp, What is camera? what was time for DB, did you roll back for 2nd exposure. more info would help.
Cheers
Shane
01-20-2012, 03:29 AM   #3

Original Poster
The camera is a Pentax K1000 and I'm not sure what you mean by what was the time for it and if i rolled back for 2nd exposure, you sound like you could help can you dumb it down for a newb haha??
01-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The camera is a Pentax K1000 and I'm not sure what you mean by what was the time for it and if i rolled back for 2nd exposure, you sound like you could help can you dumb it down for a newb haha??
Did you press reset and roll back film manually? i:e by one frame? I am not sure in what way I can dumb this down, no offence intended. If you opened back of camera then yes light will screw you.(I:E press film re roll for rewind developing).
Shane

01-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #5

Original Poster
yeah, nah its cool i'm learning, well i took the first photo then i pressed the film rewind release button on the bottom of the camera and then i cocked the rapid-wind lever and then i took the other photo if that helps??
01-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #6

Original Poster
I probably did something wrong.

I didn't try double exposures on my second roll of film so i'll get that developed and see how if that was the problem.
01-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

all the photos were fine up until i did a double exposure then it basically ruined the rest of my film.
ruined in what way? more details required...

can you scan (photograph with digi) the neg strip (including film rebates/edges) and post that

01-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

yeah, nah its cool i'm learning, well i took the first photo then i pressed the film rewind release button on the bottom of the camera and then i cocked the rapid-wind lever and then i took the other photo if that helps??
Am I thinking of different cam K1000 does not have auto rewind???
01-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
ruined in what way? more details required...
Well apparently after the double exposure light was leaked in somehow and i didn't open the back of the camera or anything as far as i know.

What do I need to scan those?
01-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #10

Original Poster
I don't think it has auto rewind
01-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I don't think it has auto rewind
Nor do I. So you shot , press release, wound back film one frame take secound exp, yes????
01-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lamented bovine Quote
Nor do I. So you shot , press release, wound back film one frame take secound exp, yes????
Yep that is exactly what i did, within the space of about maybe 30 seconds.
01-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #13
Veteran Member

not sure how a K1000 operates but usually you take one frame, press film rewind release button, wind the film advance lever (which cocks the shutter but doesn't advance the film) then take your next frame. No rewinding should take place. To move to the next new frame just wind the film advance lever again (hopefully the film advance re-engages the film transport) Pretty sure that's how I did it using a Ricoh that didn't have a dedicated multiple exposure button like my Nikon I bought next.

if you take a photo of the film strip where it goes haywire (assuming you've got something like a digicam that can take a close up pic... put it on something so light can shine thru, maybe against a window) then we might be able to determine if there was any light leak involved.

Cheers, Nige
01-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #14
Veteran Member

not sure how a K1000 operates but usually you take one frame, press film rewind release button, wind the film advance lever (which cocks the shutter but doesn't advance the film) then take your next frame. No rewinding should take place. To move to the next new frame just wind the film advance lever again (hopefully the film advance re-engages the film transport) Pretty sure that's how I did it using a Ricoh that didn't have a dedicated multiple exposure button like my Nikon I bought next.

if you take a photo of the film strip where it goes haywire (assuming you've got something like a digicam that can take a close up pic... put it on something so light can shine thru, maybe against a window) then we might be able to determine if there was any light leak involved.

Cheers, Nige
Listen to the bogans, they know what they are doing.
01-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Cheers, Nige
On more serious note, now this may sound weird, " can you see the direction the light is comming from onto your flim plane? I dont think your flocking is at fault. Have a look at ur negs and try to work out where one is getting stray light?????