Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Noise from inside the K-r ..

I seem to remember a previous post about someone experiencing a noise from inside the K-r. I can not find the original thread/post for the life of me. It went thus. On handling my K-r and moving it around I can hear a noise from the inside, as though something was loose and rattling.

I recall a reply as follows. This is normal. I cannot recall the rest of the answer. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the 'loose' noise is and what is normal about it, please.

01-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, it's normal. You can hear the sensor moving around on the SR rails when the system is off.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It's a sticky right at the top of this forum: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-technical-troubleshooting/94122-b...lr-camera.html
01-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. A thousand apologies Philoslothical, I never thought about looking there. Thanks for showing me the light. I promise to try to improve.

01-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

LOL, I didn't mean anything by it, just linking you to the thread. It's a really common question.
01-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #6

Original Poster
Philoslothical, I realise that my friend. However, I should warn you that in all of my seventy years, I have yet to ask or say anything that might be construed as being sensible. I don't intend to start now.