Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #1

ist*D LCD screen

My ist*D works perfectly except for one thin vertical and one thin horizontal line that appear on the rear screen. The lines do not appear in images taken with the camera. Is this a common problem? Is it symptomatic of more problems to come? I like the camera but don't relish putting money into a repair at this time.

01-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This happens to LCD screens after a lot of use, especially if the screen was pressed against during use or storage. You could replace the screen, but with a camera that old, I wouldn't bother.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks! I take some comfort in inferring that it's not necessarily "the beginning of the end" for my camera. I'll just keep using it as is and keep my fingers crossed.