Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Had overexposure issues with my DA* 50-135 now fixed!

I noticed that as I stop down, the dof doesn't increase and it overexposes. Bam! The aperture lever was stuck!
So I wiggled it back and forth for a while and it just freed itself and is smooth moving. No more exposure issues. Focus is squeaky and has stopped once. I smacked it and it went back to focusing. This lens is lucky that it has such a great picture quality.

01-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrjamesabels Quote
I noticed that as I stop down, the dof doesn't increase and it overexposes. Bam! The aperture lever was stuck!
So I wiggled it back and forth for a while and it just freed itself and is smooth moving. No more exposure issues. Focus is squeaky and has stopped once. I smacked it and it went back to focusing. This lens is lucky that it has such a great picture quality.
If your lens is still under warranty, I'd strongly recommend you send it in for service. Stuck aperture and SDM motor squeaking and then stopping, looks like you will soon join the many unfortunate failed SDM lens owners, as I already have.